Surgery Day Do’s and Don’ts
In this blog, Miami breast lift surgeon Dr. Ary Krau has shared his tips on how to prepare for your recovery. In this post, the trusted plastic surgeon wants to share the most important do’s and don’ts to keep in mind as you prepare for your day of surgery.
- Do wear loose, comfortable clothing to the surgical center. Button-up or zip-up tops and flip flops are ideal.
- Do remove any body piercings and jewelry.
- Do take your medications as prescribed with a tiny sip of water.
- Do brush your teeth but avoid swallowing water, mouthwash or toothpaste.
- Do write down any last minute questions you may have for Dr. Krau.
- Do have your I.D., insurance information and Dr. Krau’s office number on hand.
- Do arrive to the surgical office early! This will allow you plenty of time to ask questions.
- Do bring your prescription medication with you so that we can verify them and administer after surgery, if needed.
- Do plan on taking the day off. You will need to go home immediately and rest right after surgery. Chores and heavy lifting are off limits for the rest of the day and for the first two weeks of your recovery.
- Do relax. If you are feeling nervous prior to your surgery, please tell a member of our team immediately.
- Don’t eat or drink after midnight the day of your surgery.
- Don’t take a hot shower the morning of your surgery.
- Don’t apply deodorant, makeup, perfume, lotion, creams or hairspray.
- Don’t wear contacts. Wear your glasses and remember to bring your eyeglass case.
- Don’t bring any valuables that can get misplaced or lost while you are in surgery.
- Don’t drive yourself to the surgical center. Plan on having a loved one drive you to and from Dr. Krau’s office.
- Don’t wait until after your surgery to prepare your home or go grocery shopping.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions! A member of Dr. Krau’s medical team is always on hand to answer all your questions and address your concerns. Give Dr. Krau’s Miami plastic surgery practice a call at (800) 664-9714.