What to Ask During Breast Lift Pre-Op Consultation
If you are considering breast lift surgery to enhance your breasts, you may be wondering, where do I start? Your first step should be to consult with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast lifts, like Dr. Ary Krau. During your pre-op consultation, you will have the chance to ask and receive responses to all of your questions, which will help you make the best decisions for your surgery. To help you get the most out of your pre-op consultation, Dr. Krau has compiled the following list of questions you can take with you to your appointment. Feel free to add any additional questions you may have to this list. Remember, when it comes to achieving beautiful breast lift results, there is no such thing as asking too many questions!
Get to Know the Doctor
- Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)?
- Where did you attend medical school?
- Where did you complete your residency training?
- Have you completed any fellowships?
- Do you belong to any professional plastic surgery associations?
- How long have you been practicing plastic surgery?
- How many breast lift procedures have you performed in total?
- On average, how many procedures do you perform in one year?
- Do you have before and after photos I can view?
- Where can I find testimonials from past patients?
Ask About the Procedure Details
- Am I a candidate for breast lift?
- How do I prepare for surgery?
- How is breast lift performed?
- What incision technique is recommended for me?
- How long does the procedure take to perform?
- What are the risks and complications associated with breast lift?
- How do you handle complications?
- Does breast lift affect my ability to breastfeed?
- What happens immediately following surgery?
- When can I expect to see results?
- How long do the results last?
If you are considering combining breast lift with implants, here are additional questions to ask:
- How do I know if a combination procedure is right for me?
- How do I choose the shape and size of my breast implants?
- What is the difference between saline and silicone implants?
- Will implants affect my ability to breastfeed?
Learn What to Expect During Recovery
- How much time should I take off from work to recover?
- Can I drive myself home after surgery?
- What kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What kind of pain/discomfort should I expect?
- Will I be prescribed any medication after surgery?
- Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed?
- When can I go out in public?
- When is it safe to exercise again?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
- How do I make my results last?
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Krau
At Dr. Krau’s plastic surgery practice in Miami, we welcome all questions and are happy to meet with you to discuss your breast enhancement options. Please schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Krau by calling (800) 664-9714 today.